Monday, March 10, 2008

Taking Back Somethings from the Sunday Service

While preparing for Church yesterday morning, I told myself I need to bring something back from the service.

Stanely lead in fantastic time of worship, as ususal. The preacher was Lialian Poon; and I was "being touched" by one of the point she mentioned in her sermon.

She said , "it is easy to defeat the devil! But it is diffcult to defeat SELF." I agreed with her statement. To defeat the devil, we just need to stand on the authority of Christ Jesus." (Mark 3:14-16)

To defeat SELF, basically mean to rid ourslef from things that will hinder us from drawing near to our Saviour. This is really diffcult!!!!

And the sloution is, not going to a mountain and pray....hide from the things of the world. I believe the key is paryer and fasting. Fasting is a denial of the flesh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment