Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Do I have enough shirt?

Had a short argument with my wife this morning....as per normal for something insignificant ...: o)


It all started when I asked her what she was wearing for her nephew wedding this coming Saturday;-

ck : so what you wearing this Sat?
yl: the purple one lor..why, you want to wear "couple" clothes huh?
ck: the only purple shirt I have is the one I am ironing now
yl: what about the purple one you had?
ck : those are very old liao, color all faded...bought it back in OUB days.
yl: who said, you bought many after also....some people only had 5 and rotate them every week (I wonder who after working for10 over years had only 5 shirts in his closet)

I got so upset, that I stormed to my closet and pull out those I have since OUB days. She came over and pointed to one out of the few (think there will like 4/5)...this is not from OUB days, it's a birthday present (she forgot, this was given to me like 3 years ago when I started work in NTU).

When I did a mental count later, I have about 10 shirts, of which 2 were someone old shirts, 3 were bought early this year, 1 was bought recently in sales($39 only, original price was $89), 1 was bought by her a few years back and 3 were bought about 2 years back.

Are these enough? Actually is more than enough...hahaha....actually I wasn't complaining about the lack of shirts...wonder why we argued this morning....

How many long sleeve working shirts you guys who work in corporate environment have in your closet?


4 comments:

  1. I only got 2 :(

    Got fed up, so I ask my boss "can i wear polo tee and jeans to work :D"

    ReplyDelete
  2. to b accurate, you got 20 Shirts. U just threw about 7 pieces, so now left 13...

    I also dunno why we argue? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha this is a good question! Never counted for ES, only know he got quite a lot as most are gifts from bro-in-law n myself. The answer is : 21 long sleeves and 11 short sleeves. Think can stop buying for the time being liao :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! ha! I am not alone after all.
    I rotate between 3 to 4 shirts to wear to office each week. The rest of them (either over-sized or under-sized) are lying in the closet catching dust. I don't usually shop for clothes, although I have plenty (of which most of them are bought by Ruth).

    "Why buy a lot when a few serve the purpose?"

    ReplyDelete