Monday, September 17, 2007

A Relationship with God - The Begining

Read ES blog this morning, hmmm…George…young lad call Eng Soon…those were the days….
I have several people that impacted by live in an unusual ways.

Ms (Sis) Margaret Kok : -
She is now sitting by the side of Jesus, gazing at His wonderful face. She was my primary 6 form teacher. She was also the one who showed me Jesus, the way to peace, joy and love. You see, I was born in a so-called Christian family. I attended Mandarin/Hokkien children church. However, I was not satisfied with myself, and have always looked for the real meaning of lives. At the age as early as 10, I entertained thoughts of suicide, because I found no meaning in live. I seek, and seek, but I found none…till I met Ms Margaret. She told me only Jesus could give me the joy and meaning to all things. She told me it’s a relationship with Jesus, our Lord, that matters and not the form of religions. To cut the long story short, I accepted Jesus into my heart and make Him my Lord and Saviour. (Quite a long story, if interested can contact me lor)
She also helped me out of my low self esteem, made me “big brother” to some boys. She taught me to be a gentleman, a ‘servant’ to people around me. Most importantly, she taught me to love God, love Jesus and love others. She shaped the foundation of my faith….

Miss Margaret, thank you….


Bro Aik Seng and Sis Eileen,
Bro Aik Seng "watched over" me when I joined Calvary, he saw me through the time I suffered from perforated ear drum. Through it, I experienced God’s mighty miraculous healing. The eardrum was healed and doctors were amazed.
Sis Elieen, she is a woman of faith. She took care of her bedridden husband for almost 20 years. She was than my associate life group leader many years back. The scene of me and Chee Mun helped to bath her husband, Bro Ronald, is still clearly in my mind. Sis Eileen saw me through the different struggles of my youth days and encouraged me to serve God. Even till today, she is always there to pray for me and my household.

Bro Henry Sia,
I remember many years ago at a church camp at Cameron Highlands; I sprained my left ankles while helping as a bus captain for the coach. Bro Henry came to my room every day throughout the camp, and rubbed my feet to eased my pain (though was painful when he was rubbing). When he holded my feet and rubbed, I almost tears, remembering Jesus washing the feet of the disciples. Later he became my Divisional Overseer, and taught me many things, especially in evangelism. And he inspired me by his unwavering faith for the Lord .

There are many more.....will write about them when I have more time........till then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment