Friday, June 19, 2009

Conducting Breavement and Funeral Service

I have once again the honour of being the contact person for Region 9/10 emergency matters during Church Camp 2009 in KL.

For the many years I have been the contact person during church camp, my main duty was leading prayer meeting in both English and Mandarin. I was still jokingly mentioned that nothing will happened, referring to death (funeral) because it only happened once a few years back. It was Eric Ten's father. Considering 1 in past 8 -9 years....I really doubt it would happened.

Well, on Sunday the day before the camp, I was told a Chinese congregation member went home with the Lord. So Sis Ann help to get the bulletin out and I have sleepless night preparing the short bereavement message in mandarin....yes, first time doing it in full mandarin....

The service went well on Monday evening. Called my gang to come and support the wake as most members were in church camp. Thanks Timothy for playing the guitar. There was no sound system for the wake, as I literally yelled my message, shower of blessing(saliva) for those seating near me...

The second day was the cremation, so I took leave to conduct the funeral. Esther Soh, Kok Beng & Racheal came upon my request. Esther helped in the songs and reading Psalms 23 in Cantonese. I shared a very brief message again...something real simple....and the crying began...

While preparing the messages, I was once again reminded of the hope we have, and the hopelessness of those who do not have Christ. How blessed are we, lets not take our blessing fore granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment