Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Through Crisis I Returned

"Through Crisis I Returned to God" a quote I found in an article about a terminally ill man.

He used to be a believer in Christ and attend church faithfully. However, as he progressed in live, he left his faith. He only returned, when he was taken ill, without a cure. That when he began to prioritised his live and that is also when he found the loving kindness of his Father.

I told this story to Yvonne, her question was
Y: why people come to the Lord only in crisis?
I : when you received Christ, was it in some situation too?

My thought : If crisis can bring us (back) to the Lord, and gain eternal life...than it is worth it.
For what is the purpose of gaining everything but yet lost your soul.

It is the loving kindness and His magnificent grace that we can be in Him. Because it is not by works but by His grace.

1 comment:

  1. guess sometimes we forget that God has intended much more for us than just being saved.. Being a part of His Plan and Will, being a co worker with Him, Living His Purpose etc. With this mindset, we can go beyond..

    ReplyDelete