Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Helicopter Car

For the last few weeks, my car has been giving out this very very loud noise when I drive above 50km/h. Those who sat in my car will tell you is like seating in a helicopter.

About 2 months ago, I have had send my car for servicing, and the workshop (Motorgard) quoted me a repair cost of $2k for changing some belt thingy and leaking real brake fluid tank. As it was, $2K I told them I will consider. They immediately offered to repair only the "important" parts, the brake fluid tank, for about $200+++. Feeling something not that right, I insisted to reconsider and get back to them.

I drove the car for about another 1 month plus without problem and the brake seems effective. However, it's started to give loud noise last few weeks. So, I send the car yesterday to a workshop recommended by Johnny Neo for repair.

Alvin the mechanic, test drive the car with me. He immediately and confidently said it has to do with my wheel ball bearing. He changed it for me, and the car now is as quite as I first drove it.

And praised the Lord, the price.....$144-00. And he checked the rest, and mentioned it wasn't necessary to change as they are all in good conditions, including the brake fluid tank.

ps : i saw the bearing...it was badly damaged, and the damage was like months ago...how come Motorgard did not realised it?

No comments:

Post a Comment